Pages


View Transmission Lines 1955 to 1974 in a larger map.
This interactive map reproduces the map produced by my father. It documents the power lines he worked on through image and text. Click on the towers.

05 January 2012

More than power lines

From Matthew Quomi


Hammersley Iron, Dampier, WA

I have been busy asking my father questions and so far I have discovered only the tip of the iceberg, there are so many interesting and amazing stories. I have quickly scanned a few images that my father has to show you a different side of EPT away from the building transmission lines such as building the Ramshead chairlift in Thredbo by hand (cranes were not used to lift those heavy steel lift towers into position) and using a tower crane to lift a mobile cranes 30 metres up into the air!







---


Yallourn Power Station, Victoria

No comments: