Pages


View Transmission Lines 1955 to 1974 in a larger map.
This interactive map reproduces the map produced by my father. It documents the power lines he worked on through image and text. Click on the towers.

08 June 2008

Making sense

Having now had access to more information, the timeline is becoming a little clearer to me. This probably means I have estimated some dates incorrectly. So I will need to be attentive to this in the next few days. Having worked on a number of community and local history projects, I have new found respect for historians who are able to weave together (albeit sometimes selectively) mutiple threads of a story and multiple evidentiary sources. While I am endeavouring to distill the facts in this project, I am not trying to verify the facts beyond the family held (and accidental or otherwise contributed) sources.

No comments: