Pages


View Transmission Lines 1955 to 1974 in a larger map.
This interactive map reproduces the map produced by my father. It documents the power lines he worked on through image and text. Click on the towers.

09 March 2010

More from Leo Di Rocco

Leo di Rocco and I were emailing trying to figure out whether his father and my father knew each other or worked together. The most my mother can tell me is that she thinks she'd heard my father talk about di Rocco. Leo explained the following, with a promise of some photos which I look forward to seeing and posting (thank you!):

My uncle spent the first years in Victoria I believe he arrived in Marayong late 1959 and then was sent to Bonnyrigg and Dural camps but was mainly stationed at EPT Marayong until 1986 when he retired. He passed away two years ago. Together with my dad they were through and through EPT men "lavorare e la pagha tutte le settimana una grande, brava e signora ditta".. no one dare say a bad word about EPT..

I shall send you some photos soon...

ciao
Leo.

No comments: