Pages


View Transmission Lines 1955 to 1974 in a larger map.
This interactive map reproduces the map produced by my father. It documents the power lines he worked on through image and text. Click on the towers.

26 July 2008

Map Sections

My partner, John, has photographed detail from my father's map. I will be posting these to the Platial map to give a better sense of the coverage of the lines. As you can see from the photo below, my father traced the routes of the lines onto the map while identifying major towns and cities with the pins. Interestingly, where he's used yellow pins, he's drawn lines between them. However, he has also included a number of stand alone blue pins. It's only conjection but I believe this is an intentional colour code (as my father was a rather meticulous man) - the yellow pins indicate lines while the blue pins indicate other jobs such radio towers or other kinds of contract work.

No comments: